Wednesday, June 02, 2010

A little late

I forgot to do my own post yesterday! I was 148 yesterday, which I was not happy to see. Today was 147. I'm stuck in this range. I am decidedly exercising (9-mile run on Sunday, 40 minutes on the exercise bike Monday, 30 minutes on the treadmill and 15 on the elliptical yesterday, an appointment today) but I'm not making any effort on my eating. On Sunday we had a homeschool family dinner, which for some reason meant twice as many desserts as usual, and I sampled (by "sampled" I mean "ate full portions of") several. On Monday we cooked out at home (Memorial Day, dontcha know) so of COURSE we had chips -- too many of those -- on top of burgers and heavily buttered corn on the cob, and I ate a lot of ice cream for dessert. Yesterday we ate the cookout leftovers, which meant MORE chips, though no ice cream. Every day I carefully measure my breakfast, as though I'm going to count calories, and then every day by mid-afternoon I've lost interest. I need a kick in the pants.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

You could try Brian's approach--he has a sign on the fridge that says something like "stop eating you fat moron!"

I'd do better with the sign on the cabinet since I tend to get into pretzels and cookies, not things in the fridge.

Amy said...

I tend to ignore signs.

Amy said...

I had one on my desk at Antrim that said WILLPOWER, Dammit! It didn't help.