Thursday, June 03, 2010

No running today

I need to go out at lunch today to get Claire a bag for Encampment, so I decided to go running this morning, which would be more pleasant anyway since it wouldn't be 90 degrees out yet. Connor had other ideas--he woke up at 3:00 so instead of running I was following him around while he took two baths in the 4:30 to 5:30 hour, watched some Grinch, and played with toy cars. Of course he went back to bed at 6 a.m., by which time it would have been too late to run anyway and I was too tired to even try even if I did have the time.

His sleeping is out of control right now. We put in his new mattress a week and a half ago and since then he has slept through the night exactly two times. Every other night he either won't go to bed at all, or he'll go to bed but wake up at 3 or 4 and refuse to go back to bed. It's driving us crazy, and since it seems to be related to the mattress and not to the normal things that wake him (being sick) there isn't anything we can do. We can't put his old mattress back at this point--the thing is 27 years old, has a big hole in it, and you can feel all the springs.

Anyway, so at this point I'm at one run and one swim this week. I think I'll either try again tonight after the kids are in bed to go for a run or try to get up early tomorrow for a run, just so it won't be a completely pathetic week. For some reason three days seems like real exercise while two days feels like I'm not really trying.

No comments: