Friday, June 11, 2010

Boordy Farmers Market

So yesterday was the start of the farmer's market season at Boordy. I went up and picked up my produce. I got rainbow chard (which I hate) and beets (which Katie hates) and spinach and garlic scapes. I can't help it with the chards and beets. They are so PRETTY! So Katie is going to try to figure out a way to cook them to make them more appealing to eat.

It was a madhouse. I was shocked. It used to be just a few cars there each week - but yesterday there were at LEAST 50 cars and tons of people. There was a pretty good folk singer playing a guitar and people sitting on the lawn picnicing. It was neat - but I had to get back to work. I did buy some locally roasted coffee, and got a sample of organic milk (chocolate). I wished I had brought more money because there was a lady selling eggs - but she won't be there for the rest of the month.

Yesterday my armband said that I burned 2840 calories. I consumed 1716. So that means I had a calorie deficit of 1124 yesterday.

No comments: