Sunday, June 06, 2010

Another good run

When I was in Poland I lost a week of training. I've been looking for a week when I felt good enough to skip the short run and move on to the next long run, and today was apparently it. So I did about 10.5 miles -- from home to the end of the Huckleberry Trail (except the extremely steep final hill -- it's pretty short, and I didn't need it for distance, and I dreaded not only the run up but also the descent) and back again. My phone's GPS gave out at 6.18 miles -- it's a bug in the New Balance application (the freebie version of the MapMyRun app) so I don't know the exact mileage (I'll figure it out on the website sooner or later), but it should have been just over 10.5, and I finished in under 2 hours. It wasn't a stellar run, but I managed to keep up the 4 minutes running/1 minute walking pattern all the way to the end, which is way better than I did 3 weeks ago on the 7.5 mile run. Now I only have to do the same thing as this two and a half times over, and I have a marathon. Ugh!

1 comment:

Julie S said...

That's awesome Emily!! Even with your lost week you are going to be in a great position for the fall marathon.