Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I managed a plank last night

I couldn't hold it for the 12 years the lady wanted us to, nor could I do all her fancy rotating, but I managed a plain old plank for two sets of 25 seconds. That actually felt like an accomplishment. Oh, and I was able to do the push ups--girl style still--but I did them. Not too bad for the 4th class. I am a little amazed at how quickly I have been able to progress, or maybe it really wasn't quick? I'm not too sure really. In 3 weeks of the body pump I went from flopping around during the floor exercises to being able to reasonably participate and not feel like I total fatty blob, like those people in the Wall-E movie.

I've been reading Pride and Prejudice in addition to the kooky diet book. I have a difficult time following the conversations at times in P & P. I find I often have to go back and double check who is "speaking" when it isn't obvious. I decided I wanted to go read (or re-read) as many classics as I could over the summer. Marian is cranking her way through my copy of Anna Karenina; I gave up on that book. Even with Oprah's cheat sheet book mark I couldn't keep track of the characters. Marian said the book was actually written as a serial and not a novel, and that if it had been designed as a novel she figures Tolstoy could have shaved 1/2 the pages off it. LOL.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good for you!!! Stick with it--it'll continue to get easier.

Amy said...

YAY! I remember when I did a semester of weight training in college I was SO amazed at the progress I made it a fairly short amount of time.