Monday, June 14, 2010

Hot weekend but ...

It seems being smushed into rollercoaster cars helps you lose weight -- actually I think it just reminded me that I need to lose some and how to suck it in when those bars come crashing down on your gut.

Anyhoo, I went to Hershey Park this weekend -- a tad steamy -- and walked that whole place several times over. Went with a couple of girlfriends and their 7-year-olds and a 4-year-old. Brave kids -- happy to ride rollercoasters, meaning I had to be brave, too. Luckily I survived.

Plus, I wasn't the least bit sore from walking around for two days. So I'm not in horrible shape.

Loop rollercoasters apparently knock off more pounds than those wooden coasters. So try my rollercoaster diet -- ah, so many translations.

The one thing about amusement parks is it makes me feel thin -- lots of big, big peeps sweating it in the heat. Saturday was pretty hot but Sunday was more like a sauna. If I was up there to get a massage at the Hershey spa then, fine. But I wasn't. I spent the day melting and apparently melting off a few pounds. I know this because my pants were looser this morning.

I did enjoy a couple of kiddie soft-serve ice cream cones but didn't eat too badly otherwise. Plus, I don't tend to eat much in that kind of heat.

Tuesday is supposed to be gorgeous so I'll get out in the morning and get some exercise ...




No comments: