Monday, June 07, 2010

Ow.

So somehow skipping exercise Saturday caused me to have some sort of issue with my calf muscle. I swear my entire right leg from the knee down just needs replaced. My stride yesterday was about 5 cm because it hurt so bad. We finally got home after spending the day in PA at Sandra's and I put a heating pad on it for a while, and once it felt a little looser I stretched it out. It is better today, but I am going to have to do the heating pad thing again tonight I think.

And speaking of Sandra, WOW. What a resilient person. Evan is just the sweetest baby, and Terry and Sandra are just so tickled with him. It was very cute to see them dote on the baby. Evan is tiny, just over 5 lbs, but other than just being light he didn't have that floppy newborn feel to him. But then again, I guess he really is 5 weeks old so why would he. He gobbled up his bottle while we were visiting, and was pretty ticked off with the whole process of being burped. He was moving his head all around, scrunching his face up and making cute baby noises.

Between us, I am NOT a fan of those two awful dogs being anywhere near that baby. Sabre cannot be trusted; she seems very jealous. Sandra is doing very well; her wound from the emergency surgery is still open and she has these strange retention stitches that look like ziti--yes, like macaroni. No joke. I've never seen anything like it; it really looked like something out of a Tim Burton movie, like some scary Halloween jack o lantern mouth. She showed me a photo; it was one of those things that was awful but fascinating at the same time. She is taking it all in stride, and so is Terry. He told her not to laugh too hard or else she'd bust her gut. Haha.

No comments: