Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Weigh-in day

I completely forgot to weigh myself yesterday. I was even thinking about it on Monday, knowing I might forget because of the holiday, but I always weigh myself when I first get up so I figured I would at least get my weight for the day, even if I might forget to post it. But Connor had other ideas--he woke me up by sticking a bottle of juice in my face and saying "juice?" Then when I went to get his cup from his room, I discovered that he had a blow-out diaper that messed up his sheets, which meant he was in my room, getting ready to climb into MY bed, with poop all over his leg. So dealing with that situation took precedence and by the time I got into my normal morning routine it was today! Yesterday never settled into anything like a normal routine.

Today my weight was 130.4, exactly what it's been since the middle of last week. So I think it's safe to say I have the whole maintenance thing going pretty well. I haven't officially exercised since last Wednesday; my Friday gym trip was disrupted by work, and on Monday I wasn't at work so obviously I didn't get to the gym then either. But I've stayed pretty active most of the weekend--lots of time in the garden and yesterday I think I worked harder than I have in a long time. We went to the parade and later to the fireworks and I had Connor on my back most of that time. I'm so sore today! And I realized last night that I didn't really overeat yesterday, at least not as much as I could have--missed breakfast, sandwich for lunch, hot dog, chips, deviled egg, cole slaw, and peach crisp for dinner and not too much of any of those things. And somehow I missed drinking beer entirely--I stuck to diet soda all evening.

I just realized I'm not going to get to the gym today either--I forgot to pack my gym bag! Doh!

No comments: