Friday, July 28, 2006

Running in Williamsburg....

....is really not that interesting. I got up early both Thursday and today and went for a run. The good thing is that it's flat and easily measurable since that main street is exactly a mile long. But then I had the trek over from the hotel/visitor center and through the Palace Green. When I finally thought to measure that today, I realized that I was doing a four mile round trip in the morning, but only running about three miles of it. I did that four mile trek again on Thursday evening, and a shorter version on Wednesday evening and at noon today (shorter because on Wednesday we took the bus to the historic area and today because I didn't walk the whole length of the street) . But the uninteresting part about running in Williamsburg is that at 6 a.m. you have to dodge the landscaping golf carts, Sysco trucks, piles of horse poop, and a thousand other joggers. I guess the horse poop and thousand other people (joggers are at least a little more aware of their surroundings than tourists) are always there, but the incessant drone of weed whackers was a disappointment.

But at least I got a LOT of exercise, which was good since I ate way too much--they had full meals for lunch both days, we went to one of the historic taverns for dinner one night, I had a sub for dinner another night, and barbeque for lunch today. At least my breakfasts were normal--just cereal, coffee, and juice. Oh, and did I mention dessert at lunch and midafternoon snack? German chocolate cake on Wednesday, really yummy fruit tarts on Thursday, huge cookies and chocolate brownies for snacks--yikes! And I ate it all!

I'll have to weigh myself tomorrow and see what the damage is. I'm hoping all that walking and running made up for the eating, but I think I was out of balance!

No comments: