Sunday, July 23, 2006

Back at it

I exercised not one bit while I was in Maryland, and I wasn't even as active as I usually am, since it wasn't my house (therefore much less housework) and I was in the car more than usual. I didn't feel that I ate that badly -- aside from allowing myself a beer nearly every night, and Coldstone that one day -- but my weight was back up to 139 when I got home! Phooey. So yesterday I went to the gym in the morning and did 45 minutes on the bike (level 7) and the usual ab and upper body work. It was horrible. I didn't pay especially close attention to my eating yesterday but it wasn't awful, aside from a trip to Ben & Jerry's, though I did get frozen yogurt instead of ice cream. And I only had a few sips of wine instead of having a full glass (or two!). I saw a half pound drop this morning, though nothing is official for a while yet, of course.

Today we had waffles for brunch, and I only ate one officially, with butter and syrup, but I ate most of another one plain. I also had OJ, but no milk (we were out of skim). I've had snacks of almonds (about 16 almonds) and pretzels (a few bits and pieces -- they're almost gone), and I nibbled at the brown sugar (maybe a spoonful) while I was cooking. Tonight we're having barbecue chicken (non-fat sauce) and baked potatoes (I won't eat much) and baked beans (I don't even like those) and salad, so it's relatively healthy. I will have milk with dinner, too. I did get a bit of exercise today -- we walked to Kroger instead of driving. It's not much, but it's better than nothing. Tomorrow I'll get back to the gym, I hope.

No comments: