Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Has Tuesday been moved to Wednesday?

I realized this evening I'd totally forgotten to post my weight today, but I see that no one else has, either, unless blogger is just being wonky on the update. Mine was 137 this morning, I think. Might have been 137.5. Basically the same numbers I've been seeing -- actually it was lower throughout the week but it got away from me over the weekend, so, like Amy, I'd sworn to be good this week, only I forgot there was a holiday. Holidays, of course, are diet-free, so today I ate a fair number of cookies, and I had cheese on my burger, and I ate some chips. Otherwise things went pretty well today.

Today we walked to downtown and back -- I pushed Alexander and Cecilia in the stroller and Mary rode her bike, only one of the training wheels got messed up so we weren't able to go very quickly -- she doesn't quite realize that going faster actually works better. But I got about a 3 mile walk in total, maybe slightly less. And it rained on our parade, so half of that was in muggy, drippy heat. Ugh.

Yesterday we went to the gym and did 40 minutes on the bike. I discovered if I keep my RPM lower on the bike by 15-20 points I get a really good workout for my legs and my heart rate doesn't go up as much, so I can put the bike at a higher level. I did level 7 and my heart never got over 161, and most of the time I was in the 140s. In the past I've been up around 180 at the peaks on level 7! We also did three sets of 20 crunches on the hanging thing, and I did two sets of 18 and one of 15 on the upper body machine, all at 40 pounds -- I used to only manage the first set at 40 but I've been able to work up to all of them. It will be a year before I graduate past this, though, I suspect.

Sunday I did no exercise to speak of, but Saturday I took Mary on a looonnng bike ride. It was actually only 5 miles and I was on a bike, too, so it wasn't a huge workout, but I'm really impressed that she was able to do it. She needed a lot of boosts on the hills; even when she gets her speed up going into it, she doesn't have the leg strength (or the bike gears!) to get all the way up the long ones, especially on the fifth mile.

I don't remember the rest of my exercise history, but I went for two 2.5-mile walks last week and went to the gym one day, I think Thursday, so I've been getting some kind of movement in almost every day.

Happy 4th! Back to eating normally tomorrow. Sigh.

No comments: