Tuesday, July 11, 2006

135.5

This is where I was stuck for a month or so (it seemed) when I was trying to get to my official goal of 135.0. But I'm glad to see it again because I've been higher than that lately. Of course, I exercised all of once during the last week -- what is it about having one's period that kills all enthusiasm for activity? Last week I exercised like mad but my weight was higher. It's very frustrating to feel like I've been rewarded for laziness, and received no reward for effort.

Right now I'm trying to stay away from major junk (like alcohol and ice cream) during the weekdays and eat with restraint on the weekends. The first week of that only went so-so, because we had July 4th in the middle of it, and then there were cookies around -- but I kept the cookie-eating under control most of the time. I was good yesterday; the only sweets I had were some ginger snaps in the morning and some marshmallows in the evening, and not a huge number of either.

I need to kick-start my exercise again. I am just so unenthused about going to the gym these days!

No comments: