Monday, July 24, 2006

Gaining weight

On Thursday, I weighed 130.4--pretty much the same as I've been for a while. I woke up Friday morning and was shocked to see my weight had shot up to 131.8!!! But it gets worse--today I was 132.8! What the heck is up? I didn't eat really well this weekend (especially yesterday with Katie's cake, ice cream, cupcake, etc.) but I didn't eat THAT badly. And while I only made it to the gym twice last week, I at least got out over the weekend for a couple of long walks with Davey. But somehow I managed to put on two and a half pounds. Weird. I hope it doesn't last.

I'm trying to remember my food this weekend and except for the cake on Sunday afternoon and vegetarian lasagna for dinner last night, I can't really remember meals. I skipped lunch yesterday because I just wasn't hungry and knew we'd be having goodies, and I had cereal for breakfast. So that was Sunday. Oh, I also had two pieces of fruit and some ice cream in the evening. I have no recollection of Saturday. Can't remember one thing I ate. Wait, no, I take that back--I made eggs, toast, and tomatoes for dinner. Friday is similarly dim, but I remember sharing popcorn with Claire in the evening.

Today so far I've had cereal for breakfast, a graham cracker bar for snack, cheese and crackers for a partial lunch and I still have a peach and yogurt for later. I have my stuff for a gym trip today but may not make it because I have three proposals to finish up and deliver this afternoon. I'm going to be out of town for work Wednesday through Friday this week and I'm very optimistically packing clothes to go running. We're in Williamsburg and I always wanted to run that main street in the early morning (the problem being that GETTING there early in the morning would add a great deal of distance to the run so I'm not sure I'll make it!).

No comments: