Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Finally, a trip to the gym

Daniel and I met at the gym today so I got the first exercise I'd had in a week. We did 40 minutes on the bike (I kept it at level 7 and kept my heart rate down, yay, me) and then three sets of 20 crunches on the hanging thing, and then some guy was on our chest press machine (or *not* on it -- he dumped his towel there then wandered off, then came over and fixed his headphones, then wandered off, then came and did about 3 reps at some ungodly high weight, then took a break and wandered around, etc.) so we did the shoulder press machine. I tried for 40 pounds on that but had to cut it back to 30 after 5 reps, and I only got through 15 total. After that the guy finally cleared off "our" machine so I went back to it and did a set of 20 at 40 and another set of 20 at I think 30 while Daniel stuck to the original machine.

Daniel also played racquetball today and he has been cutting his eating waaayyy back, and he's been exercising more regularly than I have (mostly running), so his weight is down to its lowest in some years. He's lost more than 15 pounds since September, and he's not even officially a Loser. He's about 12 pounds from his goal and 3 pounds from a number that would make him pretty happy.

My eating today wasn't too bad because I was barely home. I had my usual breakfast (no OJ, though) and I had lunch of yogurt and pretzels. I had a morning snack of about 15 almonds. In the afternoon I ate numerous animal crackers -- the cheapo lowfat kind, not the good Barnum ones, so they're not actually that bad of a snack, if nutrtionally valueless -- because that's all I thought to grab on our way out the door when I realized we were going to be gone for 4 hours; I was thinking of the kids, not me. They ate a lot of them, too. ;-) Dinner was Brunswick stew, which is pretty healthy, plus less than a full slice of whole wheat bread in the bread machine with only a little margarine on half. And I've had about a tablespoon of chocolate chips for dessert, spread out over an hour-ish. Not bad, if I can stay out of the junk the rest of the night.

Tomorrow night I have a ladies' night out which involves everybody bringing something to snack on, so I'm in for it. I'm making banana nut bread because the bananas were several days beyond ripe and out the other side. If I were really good I'd bring vegetables, but I know even *I* would be unlikely to eat many, with more tempting offerings on hand! I probably won't get a chance to exercise tomorrow, either, and Friday we're driving. Hmm. Maybe I better find a way to get out of the house tomorrow after all!

No comments: