Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Trying to get moving

I did actually end up taking a walk with the kids yesterday. Mary rode her bike and the other two were in the stroller, so we were able to book it most of the way, and it wasn't a bad workout. We went probably 2.75 miles total, which isn't fabulous, but it's way better than sitting around doing nothing.

Eating yesterday was better than the day before but I still had two brownies for dessert. Today the brownies will get finished off so with any luck I'll be in better shape dessert-wise. My downfall today is that Cecilia keeps asking for foods -- animal crackers and pretzels and whatnot -- and when I give her something I usually eat a few myself, even though I'm not hungry. I need to stop that. It's not even 11 and my snacking is out of control!

Today I saw that Daniel packed his gym clothes, so I should be able to get him to go to the gym with me, and that should be sufficient motivation for both of us to go. The kids also have French class, so we'll walk there (unless the weather changes -- it's so flaky!), which will be a tiny bit of exercise, anyway.

No comments: