Monday, July 31, 2006

Expanding

On Wednesday when I left for Williamsburg, I weighed 130.8--right in the range I've been for a while. Then I didn't weigh myself while I was gone, but I figured that the extra food I ate would cancel out the exercise I got and I'd break even for the week. Wrong-o Keebler! On Saturday morning I was back up to 132.something. Then on Sunday I was 133.4, and today I was 134.8!!!!! What the heck is happening? I've been surviving on a diet of almost entirely fresh summer stuff--tomato sandwiches both Saturday and Sunday for lunch, eggs and tomatoes for breakfast, bruchetta for snack yesterday afternoon, corn on the cob and pasta with pesto and tomatoes (we have a LOT of tomatoes) for dinner yesterday. The only "bad" meal was dinner on Saturday--we ordered pizza, but I only ate one and a half slices of plain cheese pizza. We did have Brian's birthday cake too, both nights, but that's angel food cake with whipped cream and raspberries. I've gotten through MUCH more indulgent periods without gaining four pounds before! And my activity level was high all weekend--tons of yard work, cleaning and rearranging Claire's room (no small task, as you'd know if you've seen her room recently), laundry, etc. I was pretty much on my feet all day yesterday so I can't figure out why I've gained so much weight! And I don't think it's water retention or anything--I can't explain the gain except to assume that it's actual weight. Yuck.

No comments: