Friday, July 07, 2006

Thursday update

Food yesterday: mini cinnamon bagel with light cream cheese, a nectarine, a salad at lunch, a nutragrain bar, a macaroon, string cheese, LD chicken quesadilla with salsa for dinner and a scoop of Breyers light for dessert.

I really enjoy the Breyers light ice cream--only 100 calories for a 1/2 cup and it is really creamy.

Exercise yesterday was 30 minutes on the treadmill for 330 calories. I upped the incline slightly to burn more calories. I am almost done the first 2 weeks of my walk to run program, and it is amazing how much easier it gets each day. I have actually been enjoying it. Only 1 day was it a chore, and that was also the day my period started so I felt like garbage anyways. I still did it, but I was really miserable by the end. Sunday I will start running longer--2 minutes of walking with 5 minutes of running (instead of the 4 I do right now) and repeat that 5 times for 35 minutes total. I really want to try it outside, but 2 things worry me. First, everything is uphill in Glen Rock, especially where I live. I think I would do better if I drove to the NCR trail in town and ran there. And second, I am worry about my speed since I won't have the treadmill to regulate that. My walk is 1 mph less than my run. I really doubt I could judge that very well on my own.

No comments: