Monday, July 10, 2006

Holding steady

I stepped up my exercise again yesterday BUT my eating has been atrocious so it is just going to be holding me steady instead of allowing me to see a loss. I also added some resistence exercises, but I only went through those once last night to try them out. They are meant to be done in addition to cardio instead of doing alternate days. I think I'll do 2 sets of those tonight. They are some basic exercises with pilates spin offs mixed in.

I read an article in August's Health magazine about this genetic analysis you can get done to help personalize your diet. It was quite interesting, although the lady who wrote it admitted at several places in the article that what it told her was nothing new and that it basically confirmed things she had known in a very matter-of-fact way. You order some kit for $250 and then swab your mouth and send it off to this lab who checks for certain gene variations. it confirmed she was insulin resistant, which makes it tough to lose weight, but more importantly is an indicator for Type 2 diabetes. There were a few other interesting facts in there as well that I can't recall offhand. She had to limit her refined sugars to less than 20 g a day. There was also a good article in there about foods to eat to keep your eyes healthly longer.

Well, I need to get working. My boss is back after a week off and I'm sure he'll be a pain in the butt this week :)

No comments: