Tuesday, July 25, 2006

131.6

Much better than yesterday's weight, but still a pound up from last week. My exercise yesterday consisted of spending an hour battling the green monsters in our front yard--the two enormous overgrown bushes. The bushes themselves aren't so overgrown (well, one is--it's not even supposed to be there, and was just a little nuisance bush for years until the oak came down and now it has all kinds of light and root space and is going nuts) but they are covered with three or four different species of vines, so my goal was to hack down and pull off the vines, get rid of the poison ivy, and trim back the bushes to a manageable size. I pretty much accomplished that--the nuisance bush didn't cooperate because it is housing a nice bird family who started making distress noises while I was hacking, so I gave that up and just pruned it back so it doesn't block the sidewalk. But the forsythia is either much better or much worse, depending on how you look at it. It's the opposite of overgrown now--I got out almost all of the vines so the bush is looking naked and scrawny, but I couldn't reach the top branches so it's still too tall. Looks very weird. I think we're going to chop it down in the fall and kill it mercilessly if it tries to revive in the spring. Anyway, so, it's not running but it was good exercise nonetheless.

Food yesterday--ate the yogurt and peach I brought with me, then had macaroni and cheese for dinner with no redeeming value at all (Kraft version, made with real butter no less), then later I had whole wheat toast with a sliced tomato--THAT was very yummy.

No comments: