Tuesday, July 25, 2006

I keep forgetting it's Tuesday

I've been on the computer half the day (no good reason -- just procrastinating) but I keep forgetting to post. I was 136.5 this morning, which was a bit of a surprise after the 138-139 I've been seeing since Saturday. It will probably go back up tomorrow, especially considering I've had NO exercise since Saturday. I just can't seem to get motivated! Yesterday I did haul a dresser and all its parts up the basement stairs and then I did a layer of varnish on it; then I lugged it into the kitchen (and back out and back in) as rain threatened. I also hung two sets of drapes which the kids had pulled down (one two weeks ago, and one not an hour after I'd rehung the first!) and did a couple of loads of laundry (up and down the basement stairs some more) so it's not like I was a total lump yesterday.

My eating yesterday was terrible. I made s'mores brownies for dessert (very, very yummy) and ate one of those after dinner, and then the other half of Cecilia's, and then a few hours later Daniel offered me a root beer float, and, hey, I'm not made of stone, right? Sigh. Dinner was at least relatively healthy -- a rehash of the previous night's chicken, but corn and applesauce on the side instead of baked beans and baked potatoes. It's the almonds that have been getting to me lately -- I can't seem to stay out of them.

Today I have been a total lump; I've done laundry, again, but nothing else useful. It's too overcast to risk doing the second coat of varnish on the dresser, unless I want to put half-disassembled (what a word) bedroom furniture on our front porch like we're some kind of rednecks. I haven't been to the gym and I've been snacking a lot. Ick. Maybe I can talk the kids into a walk/bike ride.

No comments: