Thursday, May 31, 2007

Progress

I have been meaning to report the progress I have seen me make in my exercising in the past few months. I don't know why it is - either I am pushing myself harder, or I am looking more at non-physical changes, or what - but I have seen me make good progress in odd areas in the past month or so. The most obvious example is that I was able to finish the boxing class TWICE now and am only feeling minor pain now. In the past, the WARM UP section would have been enough to do me in. But from a more detailed point of view... I have NEVER been able to do ab work with my legs in the air - last night I was able to. OK - My legs weren't beautifully straight and graceful - but they were in the air. In the past I wasn't able to hold them up at all. The other thing I noticed today is that before the most UNCOMFORTABLE position for me to get in would be a low down squat (you know, the position toddlers and pregnant women use to rest). I could NEVER do that - at least not with out placing my hands on the floor to hold me up... This morning I noticed I COULD do that - and while I was writing this, I checked to see if I could do it again. I COULD. It wasn't exactly comfortable - but my balance has improved enough (and I guess the strength in my legs too) that I could do it without holding myself with my hands and without falling on my butt!! This is progress for me. I also have noticed that I don't get as winded as quickly. Yay me!!!

No comments: