Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Weekend Follow-up

I hate it when our weigh in day happens to be the day after a holiday. I am ALWAYS up. I spent all day yesterday being a slug. If I walked 2000 steps I would be surprised! I didn't leave the house at all - but I did get dressed, so that counts for something. I spent the day reading Mozart's Sister and watching episodes of Bones Season 1. My weight today is 224.8 - which is exactly the same as last week, but since I was down as low as 222.8 on Saturday I would have expected to be lower today. Oh well.

This weekend I made a few necklaces and bookmarks for the fair on Saturday. I should have made a sign since we don't have one. Katie and I applied for a sales tax licence on Sunday. The internet is amazing. It occurred to me on Sunday that if we were selling in a public venue there MAY be a tax inspector there and I SHOULD have a tax license. The one I used to have for Long Ago Far Away was long since expired - and besides - this is a different business altogether. The last time I applied for anything like this it involved a call to the Comptroller of the Treasury in Maryland, a trip to the library (to get the application) another one to go back and copy the completed form, one to the post office to mail the form and then a few weeks wait to get the license back. On Sunday I went online to the MD Comp office website, began the application, opened a new window to apply for a FIN (which I got instantly), and then completed and submitted the MD application. It took a grand total of about 10 minutes. I don't yet have the license - but I have the receipt for the application - which would probably keep a tax inspector happy, and I may even have the license by Saturday.

Katie and I each had our gym assessment this weekend - mine was Saturday hers was Sunday. It was very depressing. My body fat was UP from the time I first met with Tony three months ago. I don't know how that is possible. When I met with Tony I had been doing sporadic exercise mostly on the treadmill - and now I exercise at least a few times a week. I don't know how they measure body fat - I don't know what those sensors are actually sensing - but how could I gain FIVE percent more body fat in three months??! I now have another person telling me I don't eat enough. I don't see how that can be. It is - as we keep saying - a simple formula... burn more calories than you consume and you will lose weight... Yet I consistently am GAINING weight and people tell me to eat more. I am supposed to eat 358 calories five times a day - ever three hours. That is less than 1800 calories, so THAT is at least consistant with what most books and nutritionists say... Katie and I did the math on our breakfast this morning; 70 calories for the toast, 90 calories for the orange juice and about 20 for the apple butter. That leaves me 188 calories short. I could add in a hard boiled egg for protein - but that STILL is only about another 60 calories. If you count the coffee I drink it is about another 40 calories... Sigh. By the time I cram in all 358 calories it is time for me to eat my next meal!!!!

No comments: