Monday, May 21, 2007

A landmark day!

For the first time in, well, forever (or close to forever) I actually weigh less on Monday morning than I did on Friday morning! Not by much, mind you (I was 137.6 on Friday, 137.4 today), but it's not the pound UP that I've been used to.

But there's something about Sunday that causes me to gain weight, I think. I was down to 137.2 on Saturday, then 136.6 on Sunday so today's weight is actually up from there, but I know that weight was unnaturally low, due to the 2.5 hours I spent in the dentist chair getting a temporary crown on Saturday morning. Oddly, I didn't feel much like eating after that.

Besides keeping my food healthy all weekend (only indulging once, and that was an accident--I got a cupcake for Connor at Barnes and Noble and when I broke it into pieces for him, we discovered that it had jelly in the middle, so he rejected it entirely, including the non-jelly bits. And you can't just leave a cupcake completely untouched, can you? Plus it was easy to eat with my jaw aching.) and my portions small, I also kept exercising, sort of. So this is another landmark--every day for the past week I've either walked or run three miles or done pilates, or both on a couple of days. And that really seems to be the key to losing weight for me. Running three days a week is only good for maintenance, and not even for that during high-calorie times of the year. I need to exercise every single day if I want to lose weight.

So that's my new goal for myself--if I want to be at "bathing suit weight" (an arbitrarily chosen 132 pounds) for Disney World, I have to exercise every single day between now and then. Then *maybe* I'll be able to lose the five pounds I need to by then.

No comments: