Thursday, May 03, 2007

Charm City Runners

I went to the first session of the 5 k training last night at Goucher. I enjoyed it. If I can figure out how to post the training schedule, I will. Emily & Sarah, I think you both would do well with the intermediate runners while I am definitely still back at the beginning runner stage. I may even consider joining this group once I see how these 8 weeks go. Our homework is to run 2 more times before next Wednesday.

Food has been ok. I am maintaining around 148. By the June I'd like to be maintaining around 145, and then by the end of summer around 140. I've come to decide that these plateaus in weight loss are actually good things--it just shows that once you lose you can maintain that same weight with minimal effort, then you can lose a little more, then maintain that for a little while, so on and so on. Really we are just shooting for a long term plateau at our target weights.

Off subject: does anyone use those sunless tanners? If so, can you recommend one? I was looking at the Body Shop one and the Neutrogena. I am SO white right now. It is scary. I have all these cute skirts but I can't bring myself to show my legs, especially with the horrible bug bite scares I acquired in India.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Could you help me interpret the chart you sent? On the intermediate chart, I'm assuming those are distances (6 x 200, 400 recovery) on day two of each week? Any clue what we're supposed to do during those distances (is it run fast/run slow during recovery?). And what does "two mile tempo" mean? Even if I never run a 5K, I really want to do something to increase my speed or stamina--right now I think I would pass out cold (or sweating, actually) if I ran more than 35 or 40 minutes! And I've never managed to increase my speed beyond 5.5 m.p.h. except in brief bursts (maybe five minutes tops) of 6 m.p.h.

Julie S said...

The 6 x 200's are meant to be done as fast as you can take them, then jog the 400 recovery. I'll have to get back to you on the 2 mile tempo one.