Monday, May 14, 2007

I'm a big fat slug

Compared to National Junior College Athletic Association track and field champions, that is. I had volunteered to work at the check-in tent for this event, but they ended up sticking me out in the field working first at the men's high jump and then the women's triple jump. I can't recall ever seeing so many people in one place with no body fat whatsoever. Probably that was the case at the regattas I used to attend, but I was in college and was "one of them" so I didn't notice at the time! After staring in awe of these incredibly athletic and beautiful kids for a while, I consoled myself thinking about them in 25 years when they are all out of shape and wondering what happened to them when they used to be so athletic.

I was pretty good about exercise last week--I ended up doing pilates on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday to make up for NOT going to the gym any of those days, so it was at least something. I meant to do one more workout on the weekend but just didn't get around to it. I was good about eating on Saturday (I even had a very virtuous salad with chicken for lunch instead of my usual high-carb, high-fat grazing) and was even good on Sunday until 3:00, at which point all heck broke loose and I had cake, then came home and Brian made chicken scallopini for dinner AND got some yummy appetizers that could be a meal in themselves (potato skins and fried cheese) and we shared a bottle of wine, only he did less sharing than I did. I think he maybe had one and a half glasses. I did then go take Davey for a really long walk, but it didn't help--on Saturday I was 137.6 pounds, and this morning I was 139.4!

No comments: