Monday, May 14, 2007

Darn it!

I went running Friday after work, which was supposed to be the start of getting back to the gym regularly. BUT that all changed Friday night when there was a very unfortunate incident involving a Longaberger basket and my little toe. It might be broken. Peter, my paramedic friend, and Andi, my physical therapist friend, both seem to be in agreement that it is more than bruised. I plan to go to the dr today. It didn't seem bad enough to sit in the ER for 100 years, and they both ok'd that train of thought. The bruise is ugly--it spreads from my little toe all the way to my big toe, and about 2.5-3 inches back towards my ankle. SO, we;ll see. It might be flip flops for me for the next month.

Food was nuts Saturday because I went to Silver Spring Mining Co, but then Sunday it was more normal. I have to weigh myself tomorrow to assess the damage.

2 comments:

Emily said...

See, I always KNEW those Longaberger baskets were dangerous! ;-) I'm so sorry about your toe and I hope it heals quickly. I think I broke a toe once -- I bashed it on a keyboard which I had left in the middle of the floor, so it was my own darn fault -- and then it proceeded to hurt for six weeks. But it was only the tip of the toe that could have been broken and there's really nothing they can do for that, so I just treated it gingerly and didn't even go to the doctor. But for a larger bone in the toe and that kind of swelling you should definitely get it checked.

Sarah said...

Julie, I'm so sorry! That sounds really painful. I hope it heals quickly, and in the meantime, do you have access to a pool since it sounds like weight-bearing exercise will be impossible for a while?