Monday, May 14, 2007

Just when I thought the Easter candy was gone...

My mother in law shows up with a huge container of Jelly Bellies! Eeek! Those are evil because they seem as relatively harmless as regular jelly beans but instead they're loaded with fat and calories. And every now and then they catch you off guard with a Buttered Popcorn or a Peanut Butter or something else that ruins the good taste in your mouth so you have to eat more just to get rid of it.

AND for Mother's Day Daniel brought me three different chocolate oranges. Fortunately the Chocolate Almond one is kind of boring so I'll share it cheerfully with the kids but I suspect I'll hog the other two (dark chocolate orange, and toffee crunch). So that's more calories I don't need. And I discovered some Oatmeal Stout in the fridge this morning that will have to be dealt with this week. Sigh. ;-) He also bought me a non-food -- Lucy Pevensie the Madame Alexander Doll! And pink roses. He's a good DH.

AND because my in-laws were here, Daniel and I went out to dinner on Saturday, where I ate most of a fajita quesadilla (yummy grilled thing with fajita fillings) and drank a beer, and then we went to the movies, which meant half of a large popcorn (but the girl's idea of butter was either "none" or "a couple of drops" so it wasn't as bad as it could have been) and half of a "medium" lemonade. And then on Sunday the Crawfords took the whole family to Red Lobster (why anyone wants to go out on Mother's Day is beyond me, because they warn you in advance how bad the lines will be, and I don't even like Red Lobster as much as a lot of other places) which meant two more beers, and some yummy gooey appetizer of chips and lobster-cheese dip (but it had spinach in it -- doesn't that make it health food?) and a caesar salad (but I quit before the end of it) and a biscuit (Cecilia kept feeding it to me though I didn't want it) and a dinner of grilled salmon, rice pilaf, and coconut shrimp (wouldn't want to get too healthy with the salmon and rice, after all). And then we went home and each had a birthday cupcake for Cecilia's birthday. So last night at bedtime I weighed an alarming 147. I didn't weigh myself this morning because I had to hurry getting up and dressed before the Crawfords left. But it would have been bad.

This week I have gym appointments all three days and I'll try to get exercise in on the off days. I mean, I WILL get exercise in on the off days. Last Friday when I told Cecilia I had to exercise she got excited and said "Walk Power Walk!" She likes my DVDs. Wish I did. At the gym on Friday I got stuck in front of an infomercial for Hip Hop Abs. The infomercial featured all kinds of skinny people raving about how they'd lost twenty gazillion pounds and a million waist inches in the first week, blah, blah, blah. I was bored out of my mind on the bike and found myself thinking the series looked pretty good. Eeek! I would HATE having to figure out hip-hop steps -- I always feel like an idiot when the dancing in my aerobics tapes gets too dance-y, because you have to have a WAIST to move like that (and I'm not talking a thin waist, I'm talking a not-short waist). I so need to rev up my exercise routine, though. Sigh.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Get the 10-Solutions DVD, Workouts to shape your whole body. There are 5 10 minute routines (all of which are good by themselves, but can be paired up or repeated or whatever as needed. This is the DVD that Katie and I do the kick boxing off of. But there is also a ballet routine (great for your legs) boot camp, which is a nice no frills combo of strength and aerobic, pilates (which is harder than normal pilates I think) and Yoga. http://www.amazon.com/10-Minute-Solution-Workouts-Shape/dp/B00005R24O/ref=sr_1_9/103-3698954-5834269?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1179169527&sr=8-9