Thursday, May 31, 2007

What's the opposite of exercise?

That's what I've been getting this week. When not only do you NOT exercise, but you replace your normal exercise with counter-productive activities like watching movies or going to parties. I haven't been to the gym once so far this week and I haven't even done pilates at home. At home I keep falling asleep on the sofa during a movie after getting the kids to bed, and at work I keep having meetings and parties (there was a retirement party yesterday during my normal gym time). So today I have to get in two or three days' worth of exercise, so I'll need to go to the gym and do two pilates workouts at home. Wait, I'll need another day also--tomorrow I'm at a meeting all day in Carroll County so I'm not going to the gym then either. And on the weekend I'm at encampment with Claire, so it's exhausting and active but not real exercise (walking at the pace of a second grader isn't much of a cardio workout). So I have to do an entire week's worth of exercise today. What's that, about three or four hours? Yeah, I'll get right on that.

No comments: