Thursday, May 24, 2007

FINALLY

I wish that was a finally for the fact that my weight this morning was 155.4 - but sadly it wasn't I was 223.8 today and 224 even yesterday - so down both days from Tuesday's weigh in. Maybe I WILL lose the 4 pound period weight and be down to 220 next Tuesday... Maybe.

Anyway, the FINALLY is for my workout yesterday. Katie and I went to the Boxing 101 class at Brick Bodies. IT WAS SO MUCH FUN! It was an hour long class. I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to make it through the whole hour - but I did. Actually, by the end it was easier than it was in the beginning. We started with basic calisthenics (NO CLUE on spelling!) We did jumping jacks, toe touches, shuffle up and back and stuff... It was fun since I haven't done THAT sort of warm up since grade school gym class! Then he had us doing some general boxing moves as a class. Katie and I kept laughing since it was JUST like our kick boxing video - without the kicking. That was all about 20 minutes. Then he put us on the bags. There are 15 bags that are all different. Some are very hard to hit (6" peanut on bungie cords... you hit it once and not again probably for 20 seconds - but you stand there flailing at it as though you COULD hit it again!) others are traditional weighed bags with different shapes (for uppercuts and hooks and stuff...) There is a rubber man who puts a "face" on what you are doing. You could see that your cross was meant for his nose, your hook for his ear and your uppercuts for his body. Katie said she was frustrated with him because he was too tall for her to beat up. The speed bags were the most challanging. There were two of them - and for Katie and I they fell right in the middle and at the very end. These are the little hanging bags that you see boxers hit really fast. Even if you hit it slowly the bag swings fast. That was actually a nice rest each time - because you DO just stand there and tap on it. It was hard to get the rhythem. Anyway - 15 bags, 90 second "rounds" just like a boxing match. By the fourth bag I was whipped - but I kept going - by the rubber man I was back in business. After the 10th station he asked if we wanted to stop and do abs. Katie and I both voted to continue and finished our match. We will be back. We will bring our own gloves next time - so our hands won't smell like someone elses feet.

I also dug three holes and planted rose bushes yesterday. It was good.

I got two estimates for my deck. Long Fence was about $3000 more than Creative Decks. And I expected the Creative Deck people to be more. CD was about $1000 more than the guy who gave me an estimate over the phone. I don't know what to do. Part of me feels like I should go with the cheapest price (which would seem obvious) but the companies can provide guarentees that independant guys can't. Also - they have more selection on the products to use. I don't know. I have one more coming next Wednesday and then I have to still hear about the home equity loan.

Katie and I went for sushi last night as a reward for completeing the whole hour of boxing. I had a salad for breakfast. I know that is odd - but it was 11am and I hadn't eaten yet. I did have coffee and grapfruit juice when I was up earlier -but this was the first food I had eaten. Then I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for lunch. I was laughing at it. It was high fiber organic oat bran bread, sugar and salt free peanut butter and reduced sugar strawberry jam. It was good though. I think that is all I ate yesterday.

No comments: