Thursday, May 31, 2007

Boxing Baby!

Katie and I did our second boxing class last night. It was enough different to keep it interesting still. There were more people there so there were three wall stations (so actually I guess there were only two extra people - we did one wall station - shadow boxing - last week). This time the wall stations were actual exercises. One was a squat with your back against the wall hold a weighted ball above your head. You maintained that position the whole round. My legs hurt today because of that. The other two were worked with pairs standing back to back. One set you passed a weighted ball over head, under legs for the round and the other was you passed the weighted ball left to right twisting your torso. I liked them both but they certainly worked your muscles. I got an "Very Good" or "Exactly Right" or something from the instructer when I was doing the speed bag. I was pleased, because I had JUST gotten the rhythem down - and I wasn't counting out loud this time. We stayed for the abs this time. Yeah - hummmmm. It was hard, but I can't feel it really today. I couldn't do the push ups part. What a joke!! But I tried. Sadly, it takes me almost as long to get into position as it takes everyone else to DO the push ups. Oh well. If I keep trying maybe I will get there eventually.

My weight yesterday was 222.2 and today 222.6. The good thing about the heat is that I don't eat as much - but of course, I am SUPPOSED to be eating five times a day. Sigh.

No comments: