Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Neat hiking book

I picked up this neat book last night that is 60 hikes around Baltimore. I can't wait to try them out. Most are easy to moderate and don't require extra stuff--just water, sunscreen and the right shoes on your feet. They give you the distance, an approximate time to complete, a map and the topographic profile of the hike to show you the hills. Here's a link:

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780897326230&itm=1

I don't want to say I like running, but what I do like is that after you stick with it for a bit you actually feel it getting easier. It totally sucks at first, but after a week of consistently going out I notice a difference in myself. For me the key is to have my iPod loud enough that I don't hear my own breathing. It keeps me from focusing on the pysical and just keeps my mind in the beat of the music. And for me--the music has to be upbeat. Amy Mantay makes me a new booty jams mixed CD every month. Granted, this isn't music I like per se, or a CD I would ever pop in the CD player in my car, but there's something to be said for Lil' Kim and Fergie to help get your a$$ moving. Oh!! And Gwen Stefanie. I actually lent my iPod out one time forgetting that this stuff was on there, and the person's reaction to my playlists was REALLY funny. If anyone wants to give Amy M's booty jams a try, I'll lend you my "collection." And, with running, I actually notice weight loss. With anything else, not so much.

No comments: