Wednesday, May 23, 2007

OK, I need a shower!

I made do with baby wipes and powder and body spray, but 3 miles on an outdoor track in this weather will really make you sweat! Yuck. I don't know why I even bothered changing afterwards--it was already almost 5:00 so I could have just gotten in the car and gone home.

My time for the 5K was 32:24, although it was probably a bit longer--either the iPod stopwatch doesn't do more than 9 laps or my battery was so low that it couldn't keep up with the lap timer, but it looks like I did eight laps at about 2:30 each and then one very long lap at 11:30 or so, but that was actually laps 9 through 12.5. And I managed to run the first five or six laps without pause, but then I didn't make it through one lap without having to walk part of the way. But my final time isn't terrible, although I'd love to get it under 30 minutes, which I could probably do by just getting to the point where I can actually run the whole way.

Another cool feature of the iPod stopwatch is that it saves all of this information. I know the iPod/Nike doohickey does the same (and with more information I suspect), but I was surprised to see that it saved the information. I don't know if it will then upload it to my computer when I get home. We'll see. Oh, and I also discovered that I'll have to just make do with this stopwatch--the Nike gadget only works with Nanos and not the video iPod.

No comments: