Thursday, May 17, 2007

I CAN'T BREATHE!

Yesterday I had my last training session with Tony. By the end of it I was less disgusted with him. He was listening to me more when I would say I couldn't do something (squats are pretty much it... I can't do deep knee bends with my weight on my knees - I can do knee lifts - so it isn't the bending of my knee, it is the pressing on it...). He also would listen to me if I would say things like 30 second sprints work better for me than 60 second, I lose momentum at almost exactly 30 seconds - so if I do 25 lifts in 30 seconds, I will only get 30 done in 60. OTOH I have gotten better about just doing what he asks and stopping when I can't go any further, so we both got better. I would sign up for 12 more sessions, but not now. I can't afford to do it continuously and I DO want to start using my gym.

Speaking of... Katie's choir gave her a three month membership to Brick Bodies in Reisterstown! How perfect is that! The same day I am stopping with my trainer, she gets a membership! \

Food yesterday was OK until the later part of the day. Toast and juice for breakfast, leftover fish and vegetables for lunch, but then Katie and I went for sushi, and stopped for coffee afterwards. I am usually really good about just getting a skim latte - but they have a new cooler - Heath Bar Toffee Cooler - so we had them. That is EASILY 700 calories right there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GACK!

I was 223.6 today and 222.4 yesterday.

So, yesterday during my training session I got to box - but between bouts of boxing I was doing crunches. We were listening to some 1970s motown music, and the beat of that is PERFECT for crunching. I did 175 in one session, 50 obliques in another session, and finished with another 100 at the end - so 325 total - which means I can't expand my belly to breath today. 8-) My arms are tired too from boxing, but my legs feel pretty good.

2 comments:

Emily said...

OK, you HAVE to tell me who has the Heath Bar Toffee Cooler! It better be Caribou Coffee because we don't have those here -- I'm in trouble if it's Starbucks or some place like that.

BTW, I did a Google search for "Heath Bar Toffee Cooler" and it didn't find the store -- but it DID find our blog!! I didn't realize we'd been picked up by the search engines; I'm pretty sure Dad's blog never was (or at least I've never run across it). I wonder if it's because I activated the RSS feed for the blog so I could see it on my Google page? Hmmm.

Amy said...

Yes - it is Caribou... We can take you there the next time you are in town. 8-)

No comment on my 325 crunches!? See - you pick up on my vices, but not my virtues. Sigh.