Tuesday, January 02, 2007

4.8 pounds in two weeks

Ugh. See, I could lie and say that it was only a much more reasonable 3.2 pounds I gained in the past two weeks since I did weigh in at 137.2 as recently as two days ago. But this morning I was 138.6. My weight has been all over the place the past week--up to 139 one day, down to 136.8 another. I was 138.8 on Saturday, then 137.2 Sunday, then didn't weigh myself on Monday, then today was 138.6. I guess the weight itself really doesn't matter since ALL the weights are above my 135 top limit. So I've got some work to do. I wonder if I can lose four pounds by next Tuesday? I wonder if the grapefruit diet really works?

Some of the weight, at least, is water retention. Or at any rate I can't get my rings off today but I could when I was at 137.2. So maybe I'll lose some of this weight quickly. But I think I have at least three pounds of just plain old fat to burn off.

I'm back at work today and back to my usual schedule. I didn't pack any goodies, although they are still lurking at home. I keep pushing cookies on the kids, but they won't eat anything but sugar cookies (Claire) and malted milk brownies (Connor) and those are mostly gone. There's still a lot of candy hanging around too. I should throw it all out, but the frugal person in me won't let me do that. So there's nothing to be done except to eat it all as soon as possible so I can just move forward, right?

No comments: