Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Net loss for 2006...

Two pounds. A lousy two pounds. Actually I thought it was zero, but I looked at New Year's time last year and I was 146.5 at my lowest point in 2005, and today I was 144.5. Ugh. I haven't exercised and I'm eating candy, cookies, alcohol. Actually not much alcohol, but it's still a lot of unnecessary calories. I think the situation is hopeless through this week, but we are joining the gym this month and things WILL improve. Once Mom and Dad go home on Friday, I'm going to have to regulate my cookie intake (to one after lunch and one after dinner) and save the rest for the kids (who, fortunately, will eat most of the kinds we have).

I think the two pounds come from my chest -- a year ago I was nursing and much fuller. I'm definitely no thinner at the middle. I might even be thicker. At my lowest this past year I was 132.5, I think, so I've gained back TWELVE pounds, which makes me no better than the 95% (I made up that number, but you get the gist) of dieters who don't keep it off. And this year since I'm not nursing it's going to be a lot harder to lose. Phooey. Why do I sabotage myself this way, when I know I'm capable of better and I know it's better for my health and I know I feel a lot better if I do stay thinner? Sheesh.

Soon as everybody is home, we're going to get serious with this dieting thing, OK?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hey, I didn't even think to do that! I was 142.6 last January for our first weigh-in (three pounds up from before the holidays then too), so that's a 4.2 pound loss for the whole year for me. How depressing! My low for the year was in the 128 - 129 range, but that was for just one week. And last year I didn't have much difficulty getting down to the 130 - 135 range after the holidays, so I think I should be able to get back there without too much effort again. I mean, it'll be effort, but no worse than usual.