Monday, January 22, 2007

I think we should be allowed an opt-out day after our birthday!

I haven't weighed myself since the day last week when I was up to 138.8, and since then I haven't exercised at all and I've eaten enough calories to feed a small third world village for a month. Much of it in the form of alcohol. So don't you think that for a birthday present to ourselves we should be allowed a "get out of jail free" card for the Tuesday after our birthday? If you don't hear from me tomorrow, it'll be because I'm so mortified by my weight that I am just avoiding the board!

Kind of interesting, though--Saturday night was Claire's troop trip to an indoor pool. Last year I worked really hard to get my weight down to 140 for this same trip so I wouldn't feel so self conscious in a bathing suit. This year I probably weighed a bit less (maybe, but not by much; hard to know since I didn't actually weigh myself!) but felt much more blobby. I don't know if it's a self image thing, or if it's because I haven't been doing pilates religiously like I was last year. I really need to go back to that so I can get my abs in better shape. My arms and legs stay pretty toned just through normal daily activity and running, but my abs lose all their tone if I don't keep up with regular exercise.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Absolutely! The Tuesday after your birthday (or birthday party) should be a get out of jail free card. Julie and I BOTH have birthdays coming up - so I am sure she will vote in favor of that too!!!

Julie S said...

My birthday is on a Wednesday though so I have tons of time before the next weigh in. Although the weekend following my birthday could involve large quantities of alcohol...is there a diet that advocates that???