Monday, January 15, 2007

It doesn't matter what you say

OK - To Emily and Sarah who commented on my last post about having nothing to say... I have fricking nothing to say either!!!!! However, if I didn't post my whole lot of nothing, NOONE would have anything to read and eventually we would all stop reading it - which defeats the purpose of the feeling that SOMEONE is checking up on me! Post to say that you are just checking in if nothing else!!!

Katie and I have discovered a fat flush friendly - and pretty much any diet friendly - way to eat vegetables that is appealing to both of us. I went to Wegman's on Friday and bought a pack of baby squash and a pack of fresh snow peas. We had a red (sweet) pepper at home. I cut them all into spears (well - not the peas - they are shaped that way anyway) and then sauteed/simmered them for about 3 minutes in abdout 1/2 and inch of low fat/low sodium chicken broth untit the broth was mostly cooked away. They were so good that I went BACK to Wegmans yesterday and bought more of everything - plus skinny green beans and mini yellow patty pan squash. I have eaten them for every meal - and am not sick of them yet!!!


Katie made a turkey meatloaf last night. It used chopped spinach instead of breading - and it turned out fabulous... You should all try it.

I am craving chewy food right now... bread, pasta, cheese, even meat - but all I have is crunchy water. I just at my orange - thinking that maybe the sugar in that will curb my carb craving. Sigh.

I didn't exercise this weekend - but I wore my new industrial strength bra twice. Emily wasn't kidding about it giving you a stitch in your side. It isn't that it is tight per se. In fact, if feels quite comfortable - but the support band around your ribs is so firm that it prevents your rib cage from fully expanding when you breathe in. So - you get a stitch. I haven't actually managed to wear it long enough to WORK OUT in it... but I am getting closer. I still bounce. I still maintain that what they are doing with sports bras (squishing it all flat) isn't what a large chested (fat) woman needs. She needs something that will support her from her waist up to just under her boobs. It isn't the volume of my chest that causes the bounce - it is the fact that these tremendous lumps are floating on an all over ocean of fat - and unless you can get the whole ocean to stop moving the islands won't stop either.

3 comments:

Emily said...

I still bounce in the bra, but not like I do in other sports bras. It just reduces it to an acceptable kind of wiggly-ness, caused, as you say, by the volume of fat on the surface there. It's just kind of liquidy and there's nothing you can do to hold that completely still. But in other sports bras I bang into my arms and practically my face, and in this I look like a normal woman. It's not flattering, oddly enough -- by squooshing my chest all over my upper body I just look fat and shapeless. But it does the job and you CAN run in it. After a mile or so I have to unhook the bottom hook or maybe two, and then I can make it. Right now I've put enough back on that I'm pretty sure the size I have wouldn't fit -- but I hate to invest in another expensive bra when I'm trying to go back down now!

Amy said...

You and I probably have the same bra size - it did it by a range of sizes, not specific cups. So my 38 DD/DDD would be the same as your - 36 F? So - it IS probably the same size as what you already have. Mine makes me look like a football player. All of that extra bluk is squished up flat - so it looks like it is padding on my sholders. Ugh! NOT flattering at all!!

Emily said...

I don't know if you'll see this comment since I don't know when you posted yours -- I overlooked it. Since I lost weight I'm actually a 34 band size because I tend to like a tight band, and the bras loosen up over the course of a day and the 36 gets too loose even on the tightest setting. So I think I bought one size smaller than you have, based on my normal preferences, but for once I wish I'd bought larger!