Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Wednesday update

My eating got worse as the day went on yesterday -- we had a very yummy alfredo and ham pasta dish for dinner, very full-fat and low-fiber, with nothing more than cucumbers on the side. And I had a glass of wine and a non-fat latte and some ice cream over the course of the evening, and probably a few more chocolates. I don't know when "moderation" left my vocabulary but I think it's been a year now! Sheesh.

Today I finished off the last of my enormous Swiss chocolate bar, and the kids are down to the last few Hershey's kisses, and I ate the last two chocolate almonds today. So except for a half bag of coffee-flavored Hershey's, which I enjoy only one or two at a time, and about four Ghiardelli's dark chocolate squares, which are practically medicinal if you eat them one at a time (or so Mom tells me), we're almost out of Christmas candy. Phew! Oh, I take that back -- there are also some gumdrops and candy canes. But I don't care for candy canes and I forget about the gumdrops, which are fat-free anyway, and easy to eat in moderation. So there it is.

We still have Christmas cookies. Stale, fortunately. Phew again.

I did not get to the gym yesterday, but I'll be heading out in about half an hour or so to go for another 40-minute bike workout. I'll try and up the level, as I said the other day. Dinner tonight is leftovers of last night -- maybe this time I can keep it in check?

No comments: