Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Diet analysis

I did Katie's diet analysis on Yahoo this evening. It said my calorie intake is on the high end of normal, but most components of my diet are pretty balanced -- and I didn't even lie about vegetables, so that's surprising. It also said I get excessive fiber, which surprised me -- I think the way they asked the questions made it seem like I get more fruit than I really do, and I think they overestimated the fiber I get from starchy foods, since we eat too much regular pasta and white rice and such -- foods that are mostly devoid of fiber. I have been out of fiber supplements since before Christmas and have been managing fine, fortunately, but when I've counted grams of fiber in my diet I usually find myself coming up short. The analysis did say I was short on some vitamins (like D, which is ridiculous given how much fortified milk I generally get), but anything I'm short on is more than made up for by my vitamins.

The thing also said I need to exercise more. And I was generous in my statement of exercise at "up to two hours per week" of "moderate" exercise -- lately it's been nearly none! But this was not news to me. Still, it was fun to do, and now I know I need to watch where vitamin E comes from so that I can get enough!

No comments: