Tuesday, January 09, 2007

153.5 again

No change from last week. I have been running the last 2 nights, although last night I was aggravated so I quit after what I think was about 1.5 miles. Twice I accidentally hit the stop button on the treadmill and lost the stats it keeps and had to start all over. So I just thought, to heck with this, and went home and watched tv.

Saturday Amy M and I went to the Lancaster outlets and I hit an amazing clearance rack at the Nike outlet. I finally found a pair of pants to wear while running that don't fall down. This has been an odd problem I have experienced for a while, but even when my gym pants have elastic in the waist and a drawstring, they manage to work their way down and I am constantly hitching them up. It is even worse when I clip my ipod on the wasitband. I was hesitant to buy the ones I did because they are borderline spandex and I have a fundamental opposition to that fabric, but I think I may have started my reformation because they are really comfortable and don't fall down.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I have that same problem - except with a pair that I got at Target about a year ago that ALSO have a smidge of Spandex in them. MAYBE the spandex actually helps hold them on - like a rubber band. You know - I don't mind Spandex so much in my exercise clothes - as long as the cut of the pants is still full enough. I think the Spandex actually helps to hold my fat and cellulite in and still... Sigh.

Emily said...

I wish exercise clothes were still oversized tunic T-shirts and spandex tights -- I have the opposite problem with athletic pants in that they ride up on me and the world gets to see me with a wedgie. Even the ones that are huge on me do that. The spandex tights ca. 1991 just suck everything in and hold it there -- they make my legs look really sleek and curvy in a good way. And the oversized tunic shirts hide that my stomach and hips are ALSO oversized! So I only object to Spandex in principle when it's worn buy guys -- who wants to see all that? Ugh.