Thursday, January 04, 2007

OH MY GOSH!

I can't believe the scale this morning!! Well - I guess I can but as I just said - OH MY GOSH!!! I blame it on the car ride yesterday... no exercise, most of a package of combos, half a regular coke. I was very sleepy driving home last night.

I didn't weigh myself at Emily's. I thought about it - and even mentioned it to her at one point - but never actually stepped on the scale. I love visiting Emily - it is so relaxed. However, I feel like I am continually eating too much and not exercising enough. When I was getting into my car to leave yesterday I laughed because I hadn't been in my car at all since I had arrived. Now - this visit was a little more extreme. USUALLY when I visit her we DO take walks and DON'T eat cookies and candy all day. Also - this time we had two parties - both of which included chocolate fondue. YUM!!

OK - So - here is my plan. Tonight I will get my treadmill re-set-up. Over the weekend I want to get my Christmas tree taken down (not really - but I have discovered that if I don't do it right away it doesn't happen until Valentine's day...) Starting next week I want to do the fat flush. I am going to TRY to set as my goal getting up 15 minutes earlier so I can do a 10 minute exercise routine in the mornings... Then I want to get back to doing 20-50 minutes on the treadmill. My New Year's Resolution is to learn how to run. I can't run. I blame it on my heavy boobs - and maybe that IS the root of my running phobia... but I want to steal a page from Julie's book and ease myself into running. Right now even a minute is impossible for me.

Yes - to everyone's question... I DO have everyone's weekly weights (if they were reported on the blog) ever since we stared this quest.
1/3/06 1/2/07 Net
Julie 164.8 153.5 -11.3
Sarah 142.8 138.6 -4.20
Emily 148 144.5 -3.50
Amy 207.4 215.0* +7.60
Katie 141.2
Mom 151

My number is made up based on my weight on Saturday and my weight today... I think I was being generous to myself however... I was 217.4 today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have gained a total of 7.6 pounds in 2006. Actually - my low point was 201.8 (in February I think) and I was as high as 219. something in November (or maybe it was October). I spent the majority of the year hovering around 212.

However - I still think we all need to focus on our starting numbers for September of 2005. Using them we are ALL down - even me! I have noticed us all slacking off - but that is OK to a certain degree (for you guys anyway). Yes - Emily - you HAVE gained back - but NO WHERE NEAR the full amount that you lost. You either Sarah... And Julie - well, you haven't gained back your loses... I don't know about Katie or Mom, since neither report in anymore. Emily - you should get Mom re-set while she is down there.

Should we make group resolutions and goals?

1 comment:

Julie S said...

I eased into running with Health magazine's walk to run program. I was amazed at how well it works, and even now when I am not in the mood I do it and find myself able to get motivated after on walk/run combo. My main suggestion is the investment in a really good sports bra. Running stinks if you do not have that. It is definitely a key to being successful. The girls shouldn't move at all in my opinion.

Here's the webpage:
http://www.health.com/health/article/0,23414,1174528,00.html

I have to say that I switch the run/walk and walk first because I do not tend to warm up otherwise.