Monday, January 22, 2007

How annoying

As I reported last, my period started on Friday (Thursday evening actually...) ANYWAY - true to form I had a weight spike two days after the start. Saturday morning to be specific. I was 215.2 on Saturday - 215.6(ish) on Sunday and then TODAY I was 216.2!!!!!!!! This is particularly annoying because Katie and I just finished up Fat Flush this weekend. Officially it was supposed to go through the day on Sunday - but since we had Sarah's birthday party - and since I hadn't been particularly good before that (no eggs for example...) I called it off for the day. Anyway - the truly annoying part is that I was tracking to hit my 6 pound loss goal had my period not interferred!! So now I am showing a net loss of nothing I think. Actually - I guess it was a net loss of .8 pounds - but same-diff. Sigh.

So - today I am still Fat Flushing - at least during the day I am. I suspect Katie and I will have something that isn't entirely Fat Flush friendly tonight for dinner.

I actually ran on Saturday! I put on my rib smashing bra, got on the treadmill and worked out. It was only for 25 minutes and I ran for probably a grand total of 5 of those minutes. What I kept doing was switching back and forth between 3.5 mph to 4 mph. 4 is just a little too fast for me to walk - so I have to jog. I didn't hurt. I couldn't keep up the pace for more than a minute at a time, but it actually felt good. THEN - I didn't change out of my exercise clothes right away and much later I noticed that the bra was keeping me from bouncing as I went up and down the stairs too. If it weren't so darn unattractive I would wear it all the time!!!

We had a woman die at work today. Well, actually she died on Friday after complications from surgery. It was such a shock. I can't get over it. Her birthday is the day before mine and she was exactly 10 years older than me. I know that is acknowledged by just about everyone to be way too young - but none-the-less... this is coming right on the heels of me stressing over turning 40 next month! I am not dealing well with this coming birthday!!

No comments: