Monday, January 29, 2007

Compliment

This morning I had someone ask if I got new glasses... No. Well, was my hair different?... No. So she said - I am officially documenting that your face looks thinner - you look like you have lost weight. Yippee!!! Of course, it isn't showing on the scale (213.2 this morning) and I didn't measure my waist today.

I didn't eat much yesterday - and when I did it was bad stuff. I had a lemon bar and half a piece of an incredibly decadent Let's Dish dessert (we got them for free! OK! We wouldn't have them otherwise!!!) I was hoping to get rid of them before I started my next diet phase - but Katie woudn't let me throw them away. So - I was the one eating them!!! Well - I have mentally assigned the rest to her - so maybe I will stay out of them. Actually - we have had them for a while, so I shouldn't have a problem staying out of them.

I walked 15 minutes on Saturday - and nothing yesterday. I was mad at myself because the new diet officially started today - and part of the diet is the walk 30 minutes everyday. Every Day. Yes, every day. That is how they say it in the book. Anyway - I walked 24 minutes on Thursday - then just 11 minutes on Friday and 15 minutes on Saturday. I was trying to start forming good habits early - but I failed miserably. I get so bored!! I don't WANT to get bored - but I do. Sadly, it is the first 20 minutes or so that are especially boring - so I am MORE than willing to quit at the first possible opportunity. Today I did manage to get up 20 minutes earlier than normal - but I used that time to get to work earlier - because I have a hell day for the next 48 hours. I wanted to get a jump on it. Ugh.

The food for this diet is pretty easy - sugarless for the most part - and high fiber grains. But coffee is allowed - so it isn't too bad. It says you should pretty much eat the same foods every day, adding variety to only one of the meals. That is pretty much what Katie and I already do. We agreed that cereal with milk is the easiest for us to do daily for breakfast. We like sandwiches for lunch - so I will have to get some ingredients. We have been low carb for so long that we haven't had bread in eons!! Dinners will be Let's Dish for us - as long as they aren't high in cheeses or white flour - but I thinkwe should be OK for the most part. We will have to get whole wheat tortillas for our buritos. We have several of them - but they are with white flour tortillas.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

If you want 30 minutes guaranteed walking each day, get a dog! Or borrow one. Or you could be like that crazy person in that book about Charleston or Savannah or wherever who always walked an imaginary dog. When I take Davey out, it's very rare for the walk to be anything less than 45 minutes. Of course these days Brian is doing most of the walking since I hate the cold and he wants the exercise, but I've also found that even in the cold once I get out the door and moving it isn't so bad. It's a lot more interesting than the treadmill, that's for sure. The other good thing about walking outside is that whatever distance you do away from your house you are forced to do BACK so you can't quit halfway!

Remember back in the olden days (before Claire) when we used to get together regularly after work and walk? Maybe we could go back to doing that again, at least a couple of days a week. There's never a good day, though, but maybe we could make it happen.

Congratulations on today's compliment!