Wednesday, January 31, 2007

My reward system

Last night I easily avoided snacking, and then I also did pilates after getting the kids in bed (Claire even nagged me to go exercise--I need to get her to do that more often!). While I was exercising I decided my reward system would be to pay myself $1 for every day I exercise and $1 for every day I avoid snacking after work and in the evening. If I have a day where I don't exercise and I do snack, I have to give back either $1 or $2--I can't decide on that one. This is all going in an iTunes fund so I can buy movies for my iPod. This is one of those things that will feed off of itself--the movies cost $10, so after five "perfect" days I should be able to buy a movie, and then if I have another movie, I'll be more motivated to get to the gym. I'm not sure how long I'll keep this up--at least until I lose five pounds. Last year I was able to lose 1.5 pounds a week pretty easily with my regular "perfect" behavior, so I'm thinking I'll be able to get at least three movies out of this, but it could get expensive if I don't lose the weight easily!

No comments: