Thursday, October 11, 2007

Work Smarter not Harder

I hate that phrase... In my experience - the only way to work smarter and NOT harder is by finding someone else to do the work. Since it seems (in my experience) that the smart people are the ones who end up doing the most work (because we can't stand to see things done badly or wrong) the phrase makes smart people begin to think they are dumb!!

Anyway - that being said - I think it IS time for me to work smarter AND harder at this diet business. Back in the early days another thing I used to do is divide all of my food into portion sizes. Like Julie, I didn't refuse myself any particular food - but I was much more careful with portion control. So what if it took me an extra half hour or so after grocery shopping to divide up the boxes of cereal, pretzels, cookies, pistachio nuts, etc. into baggies for future consumption. It was MUCH easier for me to track my intake - and to control my urges to overeat in the evenings. It also made packing lunches much easier in the mornings... So, I am going to reintroduce that.


So - 1. Plan my meals
2. Control my portions
3. Do a minimum of 10 minutes of exercise daily - at least 5 days a week

No comments: