Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Congratulations......

.....to everyone on your restraint today (or in the middle of the night--whichever)!

Apparently you all got MY daily restraint because I don't seem to have any today! Breakfast was normal, and then we had a departmental lunch planned (birthday of a woman who quit a few weeks ago--good excuse to get back together with her) so I skipped the morning snack, knowing I'd undoubtedly eat more at lunch than I normally do. Well, pulled pork barbeque was their daily special and I ate it. All of it (left a bit of the bun). Including the french fries. So I figured, o.k., little hitch, I can still get in a good workout after my afternoon meeting. Only my afternoon meeting ran to 3:30 and was followed by an immediate desperate request for a budget modification that had to be in today, so I just finished that up (along with another emergency that arose--what's with today and emergencies?) and now it's almost 5:00, so no gym today. But wait--it gets worse! The woman we had lunch with gave us all little bags of Wockenfuss chocolate coins. Mine are gone.

Calorie intake: a bazillion
Calories burned through exercise: zero

Wait, we're supposed to be being positive, right? OK, my barbeque sandwich came with two slices of tomato and some lettuce (who puts those on barbeque sandwiches?) and I ate them too, so at least I had some vegetable-like stuff. And I can get to the gym tomorrow (which means passing up the first day of the DSW boot sale!) and walk the dog and do pilates tonight to burn some of the excess I took in.

No comments: