Tuesday, October 09, 2007

141

I seem to be stuck in this cycle--I weigh in at a weight that doesn't make me happy, I proceed to lose weight (or at least see lower weights) during the week, I don't weigh myself on the weekend, and then on Tuesday I'm back up to where I was before! Today's weight has me a bit flummoxed--I was down to 138 last week, and my eating and exercise over the weekend were pretty good (not great, but not terrible--nothing to make me gain three pounds!) and even Monday's weight was 140 even, and normally I have a drop between Monday and Tuesday. So I'm not sure what happened yesterday that drove my weight up another pound. Frustrating.

I've been getting to the gym for longer workouts--25 to 30 minutes on the treadmill and then another 20 minutes or so working on the weight machines. This week, barring any weirdness, I should be able to get there three times. I've also been doing the dog walking at least twice each week--my goal is to log 15 miles of walking or running each week. That's three days on the treadmill and two days walking. I also just bought a sleeveless dress for the gala in December so I want to get my arms in shape for that, so about half of the weight work I've been doing has been for my arms. I also went out today and got new running shoes--I've started having problems with pain in my knees and shins while running, and new shoes cured this problem when I was having it before, so I hope it works again!

No comments: