Saturday, October 06, 2007

Pretty good week

So yeah, it was water retention. Period started, weight dropped. I was down to 138 (although it flashed on 137.8 for a second) on Friday morning. I only got to the gym twice this week, but I had good hour-long workouts each time. Just don't tell my boss.

Then to make up for all of my good behavior, I've been horrible in the past 24 hours! Last night was the Chamber of Commerce/Dave Barry dinner. Fancy hors d'oeuvres, a few drinks, filet mignon, buttery green beans, roasted potato (although I only ate half of the potato and skipped the salmon with crab that was also on my plate). And I missed dessert because I had to run home so Brian could get to work.

Dave Barry live was as funny as Dave Barry reading. In fact, it was an awful lot like reading his stuff, only you know how when you try to read it out loud you start laughing so hard that you're unintelligible? That part didn't happen since he was the one telling the stories. And even though they were almost all stories I'd heard before (stupid dogs after the hurricane, exploding whale, Miami stuff, how guys think, etc.) I still laughed until it hurt.

We also got this guy for pre-dinner entertainment: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_E8H-KApqM

Working in the wealthiest county in the wealthiest state in the wealthiest country can be a LOT of fun, especially when you get to go to dinner with the some of the wealthiest people.

Today Brian and I went furniture shopping. I had a McDonald's McSomething for breakfast--the first fast food breakfast I've had in YEARS. And lunch so far has been Ikea candy. So I'm betting I'm not still 138 pounds.

No comments: