Thursday, October 11, 2007

Interesting article and a few things I've been thinking about

1st: Interesting article... http://health.msn.com/dietfitness/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100171438&GT1=10514

2nd: I want to focus on keeping foods in moderation. I do much better that way than when I tell myself something is totally off limits. Now having said that, I have recently had no food boundaries (obviously given my upswing in weight.) I want to get back to having the snack size chocolates around and letting myself have 2 of them once a day, stuff like that. I find if I take 2 small chocolates to work, I will eat 2 small chocolates instead of visiting the vending machine for a full size bar. Same goes with other fatty foods; I am only going to make enough mac & chese for us to each have a reasonable portion rather than have leftovers. This is my plan to make small adjustments rather than sweeping changes.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Great plan Julie!! I agree with you - there is nothing that makes me want something VERY BADLY than the idea that I can't HAVE that something... Moderation is the key!

I thought the article was interesting too...