Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A New Beginning

I think we all need to regroup. I don't know how this can affect anything - but I think we all need to go back to the first few months of blog entries when we started this... read through them and figure out what we were doing then that we can re-implement now. We all managed to lose weight (even me!). Was that through discipline? Strict diets? New habits? A combination of all of the above? I don't know. I know Sarah has been the most successful at keeping weight off - and she told me that when she is dieting she doesn't allow ANY deviation from her plan. That is great for losing weight - but also is what traditionally leads to diet back fires. I don't know WHY that is entirely, but the concept is that people are designed to compensate for deprevation by "loading" up when the opportunity presents itself. This means that when we are simply mentally depriving ourselves our bodies crave fattening foods - for emotional reasons as well as physical reasons. I know we all introduced good habits - which may or maynot still be in place... but I think it may be time for us to go back to a no mercy way of doing things. If that idea is daunting - let's do a no mercy/new beginning challenge for 2 weeks, and they figure out what to do from there. Personally I would like to drop the 10 pounds to get back to where I started... THEN I can think about dropping the other 50 that I need to lose. I was as low as 201 at one point. How did I get there and how can I get back?

So - I was down from last week but up from this past Friday. I was 226.8 this morning. I will be bad tomorrow because I just at an extreeeeeemly fattening lunch (salty, and fatty too) shrimp melt on garlic toast. I am very sleepy now.

I haven't exercised in a while - but I went to Brownie camp this weekend with Claire. The food (while not particularly healthy) was in small enough quantities that it couldn't have been too bad. We didn't do any ACTIVE exercise really - but we took a hike that lasted about 2 hours and involved more climbing than hiking. I spent most of Saturday on my feet - and moving around, albeit slowish.

No comments: